This Industry renowned civil engineering company and one of the market leaders in it's sector is continually expanding with the growth of the company mainly due to their exceptionally trained workforce. They are currently looking to appoint a Transport Planner to join their team in Kettering. They offer excellent training in a supportive and team orientated environment with good career prospects.
Responsibilities & duties;
- Build closer relationships with haulage partners both franchise and external.
- To deploy haulage resource to ensure all Customer orders are fulfilled with optimum benefit to both the Customer and the Business.
- Share and broadcast information regarding transport capacity and material availability to our commercial and customer service teams
- Ensure all customer orders and haulage details are entered onto the day sheets.
- Coordinate contingency planning when there are issues with suppliers, customers, and hauliers. Ensure that administration of actions is comprehensive and completed promptly.
- Ensure the Haulier and Driver Compliance database is current and accurate.
- Identify and communicate any potential new suppliers or sales opportunities to Business Managers
- Ensure haulage rates are negotiated, agreed, and administered accurately.
Required to be successful;
- Strong administration experience
- Experience of working in transport or logistics planning
- Able to work collaboratively with the team
- Experienced in using various IT systems and packages
- Decision making abilities