Our client is an international manufacturing and materials processing organisation, with multiple sites across the UK. The HSEQ / SHEQ coordinator vacancy position will focus on their manufacturing facilities in the South East of England, in which you will be responsible for all Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements across several manufacturing plants - Stowmarket, Northampton and Surrey.
Reporting to the National Operations Director the SHEQ Coordinator position is responsible for advising and engaging with all employees to create and sustain a world-class, pro-active health, safety and quality culture across the organisation, providing expert advisory service to internal customers enabling a constant drive to consider safer and more effective ways of operating.
WHAT'S ON OFFER AS HSEQ / SHEQ COORDINATOR:
- The ability to join a market-leading business
- Further personal development opportunities, supported with accredited training
- Package: Circa £51k per annum including £6k car allowance (£500 p/m), plus, Life Assurance, Pension etc
Key Responsibilities of THE HSEQ / SHEQ COORDINATOR
- Working with all the business stakeholders to ensure that the Company's strategy for health, safety and environment is fulfilled and in line with legal requirements.
- Engaging all employees in the promotion and achievement of a safe and healthy working environment.
- Proactively collating and analyzing data to identify areas within the Company which need to be developed to reduce the risk of injury and illness to employees.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to meet both proactive and reactive health and safety requirements within the business.
- Assisting in the creation of annual Health and Safety action plans at relevant sites. Giving support as well as monitoring progress to ensure the action plans objectives are met.
- Measuring improvements to the Health and Safety Management Systems and employees' behaviours using various tools such as audits, inspections, health and safety surveys and behavioural observations.
- Supporting the improvement in safe behaviours through the provision of training and support to management and employees alike.
- Liaising with QA departments regarding audits and policy requirements.
- Develop and co-ordinate the Company's SHEQ management systems and propose improvements (where appropriate).
What you need to apply for hseq / sheq coordinator
- Strong H&S knowledge ideally supported with NEBOSH certificate qualification.
- Environmental HSE / EHS experience to ISO14001.
- Conversant with ISO9001 Quality Standards and their implementation.
- Excellent communication and employee engagement skills.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail.
- Experience in developing, implementing and continuously improving management systems in line with ISO accreditation requirements.
- Ability to work closely with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Willingness to work within different environments (factories and office).
- Computer literate including proprietary management information systems and Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in delivering behavioural safety programmes.