Well know and very well respected this market leading national contractor has developed a strong reputation for quality of the projects that it undertakes. Working across a number of spectrums in the construction market including commercial, educational, health and leisure the projects they take range in value from five million to multi-million pound schemes. With a focus on their southern region, the already successful commercial team is now looking to expand. The successful candidate can expect an exciting forward thinking business environment in a team work orientated work culture.
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: London/Greater London
- Management and monitoring of assigned project plan, associated budget, costs, and contract terms, with senior surveyor as appropriate.
- Liaison with Surveyors and Senior Project Manager.
- Liaison with Financial Controller, Procurement Manager and Estimator.
- Valuation of works and collation of associated documentation for CVR, cash flow forecast and sales forecast.
- Discussion with client and countersigning of documentation.
- Monitor and manage orders, deliveries, and invoicing of materials.
- Monitor and manage sub-contractor orders, approvals and payments.
- Manage valuations and associated documentation.
- Ensure familiarity with budget from Estimating department.
- Ensure Project Probe is updated with relevant information and that all changes to budgets and costs are recorded and signed off by the relevant Line Manager and Regional Manager as required.
- Provide information to enable updating of sales forecast, cash flow forecast and CVR.
- Attend all project specific site meetings and provide commercial information.
- Manage own workload and priorities.
- Foresee commercial risks both to the Project and supply chain.
- Ensure Payment Certificates are received in time, reviewed, and commented on as required to Maximise cash flow.
- Guid and mentor members of the commercial team including AQS, Project QS’s, estimating teams and purchasing.
- Technical – qualified, or nearing completion of, eg HND, HNC, AIOB, FIOB, RICS or Degree in surveying and experienced senior / managing surveyor within construction industry.
- CSCS card - visitor’s card or as required by client
- Experience of working in the built environment/construction industry or equivalent.
- CRB/Disclosure checked as required for specific sites e.g. schools.
- Competent user MS Word, Microsoft Outlook email and calendars.
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders.