Our client is one of the world's leading project development and construction groups, offering an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Due to an immediate requirement for a Senior HSE Advisor based in Peterborough on a 6 month FTC, they are looking to speak with health & safety professionals who have an understanding of the highways and infrastructure sectors.
In return our client are offering a starting pro-rata salary in the region of £60,000 pa.
Duties required from the role:
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel on the project with the implementation of the Health & Safety Management System
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and wellbeing Policies and Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Project operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and developing the Project Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan & coordinate reviews as required.
- Lead when required on entries and closing out of project incidents on the inhouse reporting database.
- Undertake site inspections as required. Participate as requested in Audit and inspections.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents where appropriate. Monitor and coordinate the close out of the above.
Required to be successful for the role:
- NEBOSH diploma or NVQ level 5 or above in Occupational Health & Safety if not obtained working towards
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent NVQ
- Tech IOSH or AIEMA or equivalent and working towards Chartered membership
- Previous Highways construction environment experience desirable
- Driving Licence