My Client is committed to Engineering Technical Excellence, operating from a single office in the Southeast of England, delivering a broad range of specialist consultancy services in Civils, Infrastructure, Rail, Marine and Structural fields.
With a strong value for staff, recognising the instrumental role each team member plays in delivering high quality services to clients. We firmly believe that when people are happy and supported, they progress and reach their full potential.
We actively promote and encourage individual development, wellbeing, and career progression. We really are an equal opportunities employer and our diverse, committed workforce is testament to this.
The company has enjoyed growth and modernisation over the last few years, as a result, we are experiencing success within new fields, high staff engagement, individual progression and have moved to new high-quality premises. We are respected and valued by our pool of carefully selected clients.
We have a number of opportunities for individuals who are keen to make a difference, help influence positive change and enhance their career.
This senior role is suited to candidates with established experience who wish to lead design and or teams. Our Rail team work across the industry on civil and structural projects, carrying out inspections, reporting, asset management support and design of new works. Recent project work includes extensive inspections and reporting, in some cases on high-risk structures, platform reconstruction, canopy refurbishment, new depots, car parks, bridge reconstructions and other station works.
Duties could include leading and carrying out design work in all materials, checking, staff, client and project management, training, site inspections, contributing to company development, marketing. Opportunities for progression are real, including progression to director level for those with aspirations to do so.
Candidates will be professionally qualified, experienced in a senior role in engineering consultancy, have a commitment to quality and be motivated to succeed.
The role would involve:
- Undertaking detailed design of adoptable and private pavement designs, adoptable and private drainage works, for the residential and commercial sector and other civil engineering design work for the rail and marine sectors.
- Undertaking drainage investigations, devising drainage strategies, and undertaking outline design to support planning stage flood risk and drainage assessment reports including preparing reports and drawings.
- Liaising with clients/other consultants at meetings , on site, etc.
- Preparing fee proposals and seeking business development opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ipswich: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- Structural Engineering: 1 year (preferred)