You are invited to apply for the position of Quantity Surveyor to join a reputable housebuilder who operate across the North of England. Due to a number of recent wins, they are looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to work out of their offices in York.
In return our client are offering a comprehensive remuneration package in the region of £50,000 - £55,000 pa plus benefits including, company car allowance, an enhanced contributory pension scheme, healthcare and 25 days plus stats holiday entitlement.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor;
- Compile and present site start budgets to the Commercial Manager.
- Create subcontract tender comparisons for sign-off.
- Compile accurate costs to complete valuations and periodic reporting.
- Manage payment of trade contractors.
- Agree variation values and uphold 'no order no payment' policy.
- Re-measurement of work on site where required
- Raise orders prior to management sign-off with appropriate documentation
Required to be successful in the role;
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or an industry related qualification
- Conversant with JCT forms of contract
- Ability to read and understand specifications and working architectural drawings
- Previous experience of working with frameworks/schedule of rates
- A valid UK driving licence
If you feel that your experience is aligned to this Quantity Surveyor position, please do apply to register your interest.