You will be responsible for the day-to-day financial control, reporting and commercial management of one or more projects from award up to final account. Reporting to Senior/Managing QS.
In return you will receive a comprehensive remuneration package in the region of £45,000 - £55,000pa (depending on experience) plus benefits including:
- company car allowance,
- enhanced contributory pension scheme,
- 25 days plus stats holiday entitlement.
- Consistent and effective commercial control of allocated projects.
- Create subcontract tender comparisons for sign-off.
- Compile accurate costs to complete valuations and periodic reporting.
- Manage payment of trade contractors.
- Agree variation values and uphold 'no order no payment' policy.
- Raise orders prior to management sign-off with appropriate documentation
- Site visits as required to carry out surveying duties
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or an industry related qualification
- Conversant with JCT forms of contract
- Ability to read and understand specifications and working architectural drawings
- Previous experience of working with frameworks/schedule of rates
- A valid UK driving licence