We're working with one of the UK's leading principal contractors who specialise across a multitude of sectors including, civil engineering, highways and infrastructure. Due to their current level of business and their ambitious growth plans they are looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor in the Devon region.
In return our client is offering a starting salary in the region of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus a company car allowance, an enhanced pension scheme, private medical insurance, a performance related bonus scheme and 25 days + stats holiday entitlement.
Key Responsibilities and duties;
- Ensuring compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Preparing forecasts, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests and analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparing and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors and provide evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensuring all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
- Coach and mentor any trainee/junior Surveyors who join the business
Required to be successful;
- Degree qualified in either Quantity Surveying or an industry related qualification
- Experience of working within Highways, Civil Engineering or the Surfacing sectors
- Proficient with NEC forms of contracts
- Willing to travel as and when required
If this opportunity is of interest, please do not hesitate to apply for consideration.