This regional office of major UK Rail & Civil engineering contractor has now become a dominant force in the Rail Engineering market . With an experienced team at its core they are able to undertake a variety of projects from PWAY, rail and infrastructure. To continue on their successful growth programme and meet their loyal client’s needs they are needing to recruit a PWAY Technician to the already successful team. The successful candidate can expect excellent career opportunities, not just in the regional business, but also in the national group company as well.
Position: PWAY Technician
The successful candidate will support the Engineers in the production of P Way design schemes, including (but not limited to) undertaking CAD work, preparing reports, site surveys, and undertaking design works under guidance. The work will be varied and involve feasibility, outline and detailed design schemes. Experience in the use of CAD is a requirement and any experience in using P Way design software would be advantageous but is not essential. Appropriate training and support will be provided from within the team and the global business to enable staff to develop their skills and capabilities.
• Experience in the use of CAD (Microstation or AutoCAD)
• Good computer literacy and proficiency in use of Microsoft Windows and Office
• Desire to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
• Good communication and listening skills
• Positive working attitude and ability to work well within a team and independently
• A Levels or equivalent
• Relevant higher education qualification (NVQ Level 3, HNC etc) or equivalent
• Rail design software experience
• Experience in design