Recognised as one of the market leading companies in their field, this international engineering and infrastructure business has gone from strength to strength in the UK. Leading the way with continuous improvement and innovation they will maintain their dominant market position. There is now a need to recruit a project manager to for southern area to help build upon and continue their success. This a key role for the region and you will be responsible for capital project management and delivery of operational improvement initiatives. With a strong career development programme and excellent financial benefits this is an excellent opportunity to join and award winning business
About the role
- You will manage southern based projects from inception to completion and through to stabilization and delivery of efficiencies as per the project plan. This includes developing the project scope, objectives and where appropriate business cases, involving all relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility, project value and alignment with the business strategy.
- Other areas include:
- Developing detailed project plans and progress tracking, utilising and maintaining project management systems and tools (ProMap, PMA, PMM).
- Identifying and coordinating internal resources and / or third parties for the seamless delivery of projects
- Managing risks, assumptions issues, dependencies, costs and schedules throughout the project, providing relevant updates and reports to key stakeholders
- Providing Capex technical, operational and commercial support to all our businesses in problem resolution with internal customers and national peers.
- Participating in Capex initiatives by developing optimal solutions to key growth strategies.
- Providing technical support, recommendations and advice to the Procurement team.
What will you bring?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is preferable
- Project or Programme Management qualification or qualified by experience with a commitment to achieve a recognised qualification
- Experience of managing projects and budgets within a complex Engineering/Construction environment
- Extensive knowledge of project planning, implementation and management utilising recognised project management principles and methodology
- Stakeholder management at senior level coupled with the ability to lead and manage multi-disciplined teams across a range of functions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relations with others, engage others and influence outcomes.
- Detail and results orientated with strong personal values to succeed
- Highly organised with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities