This major UK civil engineering contractor has now become a dominant force in Wales, The Midlands and South West England. With an experienced team at its core they are able to undertake a variety of projects from water, rail, highways and infrastructure. To continue on their successful growth programme and meet their loyal client's needs they are needing to recruit a Planner to the already successful team. The successful candidate can expect excellent career opportunities, not just in the regional business, but also in the national group company as well.
Based within the South West of England initially working on our schemes within the Portsmouth area, we are looking for an experienced individual looking to take the next career step.
The role will cover effective programme management for numerous highway infrastructure schemes within the Southwest England.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager for the schemes, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Drawing up a construction programme.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the workscope to others.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances. ·
- Preparing a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Contributing to the risk register and undertake programme risk analysis.
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods.
- Preparing resource schedules for use at review.
- Preparing/maintaining and communicating the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting.
- Compiling the forecast programmes, complete with line managements forecast resources, and maintaining progress reporting to contribute to labour and plant efficiency and other forms of reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate:
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages
- Competent user of Word and Excel