We have an opportunity for an experienced Fitter to join our mechanical execution team to help ensure that the mechanical maintenance schedule is adhered to in order to meet the demands of the Plant, whilst responding to any additional tasks that may arise around our Cauldon Cement Plant.
About the role
As a Fitter you will be reporting to the Execution Engineer, you'll be expected to Contribute to the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures and respond to plant breakdowns - ensuring it is returned to production in a timely manner, and temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution.
Other elements to the role include:
- Carry out planned repairs to equipment to maintain asset capacity and value
- Contribute to the preparation and development of Safe Systems of Work for repair procedures
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
- Support and train operatives to complete maintenance tasks
- To carry out the daily plant and other inspections; complete the forms and where a problem exists notify management immediately
- Be responsible for the plant assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, plant buildings, and equipment and stores used therein and efficient employment of them
- To react promptly and effectively to site breakdowns by liaising with operatives and assisting where needed
- To monitor and ensure that all plant stoppages, breakdowns, and logs are documented correctly
- Complete and adhere to all Safety related documentation for all maintenance activates
- To carry out other reasonable tasks within the scope of your operation and abilities as and when required
- Strong communication with site team
What will you bring?
- Experienced fitter who is Mechanically biased who is also skilled in welding, cutting and fabricating techniques (Tech qualification, NVQ3 or time served apprentice)
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to plan and implement maintenance schedules and good working knowledge of engineering drawings
- Good understanding of health and safety including environmental
- Ability to work to deadlines?
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.