This role will be directly reporting into the Project Manager, as the Logistics Manager you will ensure the process of moving goods, materials and waste to and from projects is managed and coordinated in a consistent, efficient and safe manner.
Manage, plan and coordinate all deliveries by:
* Maintaining a delivery tracker / schedule via Datascope online booking system.
* Maintaining a delivery board.
* Organising and coordinating deliveries with the supply chain.
* Ensuring deliveries are safely loaded prior to accepting (and turning them away if required).
* Ensuring delivery drivers are inducted.
* Managing delivery areas in accordance with the CPP, EMP, TMP, loading/unloading policy and associated RAMS.
* Ensuring all deliveries are recorded and delivery paperwork retained.
* Managing and coordinating traffic marshals, Hoist drivers and supervisors when loading / unloading.
Manage, plan and coordinate the removal of waste material by:
* Organising and coordinating with waste contractors for the collection of waste.
* Ensuring skip drivers are inducted.
* Managing skip collection areas in accordance with the CPP, EMP, TMP, loading/unloading policy and associated RAMS.
* Ensuring all collections are recorded and collection paperwork retained.
* Managing and coordinating traffic marshals, Hoist drivers and supervisors when managing the removal of waste from site.
Ensure effective Communication, consultation and coordination by:
* Hazard Spotting
* Reporting non-compliance (defective materials, unsecured loads etc).
* Attending daily huddles
* Attending/chairing weekly logistics team meetings
* Attending weekly SHEQ meetings
* Delivering relevant weekly toolbox talks
* Sign up to, understand and enforce the requirements of CPP, EMP, TMP and associated RAMS for all tasks
* At least 5 years construction experience.
* Previous experience of supervision of site logistics role preferable.
* Experience with online booking system (eg Datascope).
* Demonstrates strong communication skills and ability to multitask.
* CPCS Card desirable.
* SMSTS or equivalent supervision training.
* Internal training - CPP / EMP / TMP / loading & unloading policy & associated RAMS.
* Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
* Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland.