|Discipline:||Highways, Construction, Civil Engineering , Water & Utilities|
|Salary:||££50,000 -£60,000 pa, 12 months FTC|
|Contact name:||Donata Broda|
|Published:||22 days ago|
The holder of this role will be a key member of the SHEQ team, responsible for leading the strategy, implementation and overseeing the health and safety, quality and environment programmes of the project.
This is a fixed- term contract for 12 months with an immediate start. Due to the nature of the project, knowledge of the utility and civil construction sector is essential.
• Providing direction, oversight and guidance in all aspects of HSE, including support and input to pre-construction team at selection questionnaire & tender stage.
• Managing and ensuring HSE resources and are fit for purpose and meet the project delivery requirements.
• Performing internal inspections, audits and leadership tours.
• Providing direct input to company's risk register and ensuring that it is regularly updated.
• Working closely with all departments, as well as Clients and Senior Managers, to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented, and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
• Following and promoting the company's core values in all day-to-day activities.
Required to be successful in this role:
• NVQ Level 5 or equivalent professional qualification.
• Graduate IOSH membership (or working towards).
• NEBOSH Construction.
• Knowledge of utility and civil construction sectors.
• Good presentation, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Ability to build and maintain good relationships to drive the HSE agenda on site.