We have an immediate requirement for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor based in the Dungannon, Northern Ireland. This is to join a principal contractor who have recently experienced exponential growth due to an ever increasing order book. They specialise across a multitude of sectors including residential, educational and commercial.
This is a permanent Graduate Quantity Surveyor position offering a starting salary in the region of £25,000 - £35,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package including;
- A performance related bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days + stats holiday entitlement
Responsibilities & duties required from you as the Graduate Quantity Surveyor;
- Manage the subcontractor appointment process.
- Preparation of tenders, cost estimates and quotations within client deadlines.
- Preparation of value engineering proposals to reflect Client budgetary requirements.
- Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Manage money recovery in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Manage sub-contractor's account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Visits on site to view works completed, quality and management of costs.
Requirements to be successful;
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
- Up to 3-4 years' experience, ideally in Civil Engineering, Water or Wastewater.
- Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- Sound knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC3/NEC4.