Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
This industry renowned engineering group have continued to expand throughout the UK over the last decade. With capabilities across the civil engineering, rail and infrastructure industries many have become to regard them as partner of choice in the market.
One of the main reasons for their reputation is the skills and ability of their exceptionally trained work force. To continue on the growth plan, there is now a need to expand the team in the Milton Keynes area.
In order to maintain the quality and standards expected of them there is now a need to recruit a Depot Manager. You can expect excellent training in a supportive and team orientated environment with good career prospects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- We have a great new job opportunity for an experienced Depot Manager to oversee all workshop operations and machine hire preparations.
- Overseeing an excellent team of depot and field engineers, HGV driver and an apprentice you will ensure the depot supplies high quality, on-time telehandler and rotational machine deliveries to our customer base in the region.
- Using your engineering and people management skills alongside excellent multi-tasking experience you will handle all central hire requests to meet delivery timescales whilst at the same time scheduling in all repairs, heavy maintenance and scheduled fleet servicing using your depot engineering team.
- A keen eye and good attention to detail is vital to ensure machines meet specification and all of our quality standards.
- Management of site spare parts stocks is critical so that repairs are not delayed and overall control of the depot fleet is vital so that all challenges have a solution.
- You will come from a hands on engineering background, preferably on heavy plant or agricultural equipment, and will be able to demonstrate your excellent people management and customer interaction experience, skills and techniques.
- We operate a growing telehandler rental fleet supplying a broad base of customers and you will be the type of person who enjoys operating in a lively, quick paced environment.
- Your administration skills will match your engineering talent to ensure all of our back office systems and processes are followed and updated with machine repairs and availability.
- Relevant Mechanical or Electrical Qualification Essential or NVQ or equivalent
- Previous experience in the range of equipment in a general tool/fleet hire fleet
- Good Mechanical Aptitude
- Able to drive or willing to learn