- Accurate pricing of all work in line with the national contracting strategy.
- Making sure that all work under their responsibility is carried out safely and carefully according to the Integrated Management System.
- Understanding the technical and commercial requirements of each bid.
- Making allowances for requirements that could place the company at risk or provide commercial opportunities.
- Attending bid launch meetings.
- Providing information to submissions teams.
- Client and customer visits.
- Site visits to existing and prospective sites to assess any opportunities or challenges that my have arisen.
- Understanding the scope of sub-contract works required within each bid and ensure that sub-contract quotations are based upon approved and competent suppliers.
- Making sure that all enquiries are followed up and that the estimated logs are updated.
- Update the contract file and respond to customer requests.
- Handover meetings must be attended with operational teams.
- Pre-start meetings must be attended with clients and operational staff.
- Maintain a close working relationship with each team in the South.
- Carrying out contract reviews on completed schemes.
- Maintain an up to date and working knowledge or all HSEQ requirements.
- Guide trainees and junior staff in estimating practice.
- Produce company reports accurately and on time.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Organised and ability to manage & prioritise workloads
- Professional at all times
- Ability to work alone and within a small team
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the industry
- Ability to negotiate
- Familiarity with NEC form of Contracts
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Familiarity with estimating software (Causeway or similar)
- Good Microsoft office skills (in particular excel)
Back to job search
- Maintenance Electrician
Job location: Buxton Job salary: £Up to £41000.00 per annum + £8k Shift Allowance/Pension/Overtime
Main ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Electrica...
- CAPEX Project Manager
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: £Up to £50000.00 per annum
Background This senior level appointment is wor...
- Production Operative - Hampshire
Job location: Hampshire Job salary: ££21250.00 - £24500.00 per annum + 5% Bonus, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
PRODUCTION OPERATIVE - HAMPSHIREWe have 5 perma...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs