Would you like to work for the UK's leading principal contractors who specialise across a multitude of sectors including, civil engineering, highways and infrastructure. Due to their impressive current level of business and their continuous expansion plans they are looking to hire an Estimator in the Bristol region to join their expanding commercial team.
In return our client is offering a starting salary in the region of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum plus a company car allowance, an enhanced pension scheme, private medical insurance, a performance related bonus scheme, hybrid working and 25 days + stats holiday entitlement.
Key Responsibilities & duties for the role;
- Accurate pricing of all work in line with the national contracting strategy.
- Understanding the technical and commercial requirements of each bid.
- Attending bid launch meetings.
- Providing information to submissions teams.
- Site visits to existing and prospective sites to assess any opportunities or challenges that may have arisen.
- Understanding the scope of sub-contract works required within each bid and ensure that sub-contract quotations are based upon approved and competent suppliers.
- Pre-start meetings must be attended with clients and operational staff.
- Carrying out contract reviews on completed schemes.
- Guide trainees and junior staff in estimating practice.
Required to be successful;
- Experience of working within Highways, Civil Engineering or the Infrastructure sectors
- Experience of working on multi-million pound frameworks
- Proficient with NEC forms of contracts
- Willing to travel as and when required
If this opportunity is of interest, please do not hesitate to apply for consideration.