The client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups, offering an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. One of their core principals that runs through the entire business is to ensure that they are operating in an environmentally compliant manner at all times. Therefore they require an enthusiastic and experienced Environmental Manager to join their business.
In return our client are offering a starting salary in the region of £65,000 pa plus benefits including, a company car or allowance, annual bonus, private healthcare, pension, death in service and 25 days plus holiday entitlement.
Also they are a huge advocate of career development and will therefore provide you with an achievable progression plan moving forward.
Duties required from the role:
- Assist in the review of DCO (development consent order) documentation (review of environmental documentation e.g., environmental statement, flood modelling, noise modelling, ecology surveys etc.)
- Provide written environmental reports, management plans and strategies as needed.
- Offer advice, support and assistance to operational and project personnel to enable them to deliver and manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist the Environmental lead and wider Infrastructure environmental team in any best practice initiatives and delivering ad-hoc improvement projects.
- Support the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff.
- Represent and promote the Environment Enabling Function in internal and external meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums - communicating best practice standards and initiatives
Required to be successful for the role:
- A degree in Sustainability and Environmental Management
- Substantial construction industry experience or relevant environmental experience in a similar sector
- Minimum Practitioner Membership with IEMA or similar professional membership
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel across projects/ contracts in region
- Competent IT skills