Our client are at the forefront of new & innovative offsite and onsite modular manufacturing and construction technologies in the UK. They have amassed an enviable portfolio of projects across a wide range of sectors, including: Healthcare, Residential, Education & Student Accommodation. Due to continued robust growth, they are now looking to recruit a Design Coordinator to join their team in the Humberside area.
In return our client is offering you as the Design Coordinator a starting salary in the region of £35,000 per annum plus an enhanced pension scheme, private medical insurance, a performance related bonus scheme and 25 days + stats holiday entitlement.
Responsibilities & Duties;
You will assist the Design Manager and other team members in the following areas:
- Undertaking reviews of the design, procurement and construction information to ensure compliance with project documentation, client's output specifications, contract proposals submission and statutory requirements
- Assisting and reviewing tender documentation and supporting in the preparation of all required documentation for Invitations to Tender Preparing the design programme and ensuring the drop deadline dates are met.
- Reviewing and approving of consultant's design and sub-contractor's drawings to ensure coordination among various trades
- Preparing information for Client RDD (Reviewable Design Data) meetings
- Supporting on Planning, Building Control, NHBC submissions and liaising with statutory bodies
- Assisting with appointment of consultants and preparation of consultants' valuation and payment
- Review and coordination of BIM model with consultants and our factory
- Preparing monthly reports and reporting to Design Manager and Design director.
- Managing the flow of design information and document control
- Responsible for the coordination and management of H&S files, O&M manuals.
- Preparing and maintaining all Design trackers
Required to be successful;
- Architectural Technologist or similar background preferred
- Construction related degree with relevant experience (Architecture, Structural & Civil etc)
- Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- An understanding of CDM 2015