- £24k - £26k Permanent Role
- £3k Bonus for being on call.
- Personal Qualification/Career Development.
This industry renowned rail and engineering group have continued to expanded throughout the UK over the last decade. With capabilities across the civil engineering, rail and infrastructure industries many have become to regard them as partner of choice in the market. One of the main reasons for their reputation is the skills and ability of their exceptionally trained work force. To continue on the growth plan there is now a need to expand the team in South London/South East In order to maintain the quality and standards expected of them there is now a need to recruit a fitter. You can expect excellent training in a supportive and team orientated environment with good career prospects.
- Good Basic Education
- Relevant Mechanical or Electrical Qualification Essential or NVQ
- Good Mechanical Aptitude
- Manufacturers' Training Courses attended preferable
- Railway Infrastructure Experience
- Able to drive or willing to learn
- Knowledge of 2 or 4 Stroke Engine Diagnostics / Rebuilds / Overhauls
- Carry out equipment repairs and servicing in accordance with approved maintenance schedules and to a high standard. To ensure that spares are requested in order to facilitate the speedy repair of equipment.
- Equipment Maintenance & Repairs
- To complete maintenance and repairs as allocated, to the required standard, both within the depot and on customer sites.
- Instigation of orders for spares.
- Presentation of Equipment.
- Any other duties as required, e.g. Operating Plant for Site Services.