The Capital Delivery Project Manager will be responsible for planning and supervising the company's wastewater treatment capital design and delivery projects from start to finish.
Following project handover from the Business Development team, you also will act as the main point of contact between clients and company departments, including the production and sharing of client-specific performance information. To do this, you will help coordinate the work of your colleagues and ensure we deliver to the timelines committed to.
An excellent Capital Delivery Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have experience with the total Capital Delivery cycle commencing at proposal stage through to final plant commissioning and handover to Operations, incorporating, site investigation, supplier selection, design review, cost review, contract management, construction management and hand over / training to Operational personnel.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Site investigation, to include assisting in the development of scope, identifying competent consultants, and overseeing the successful production of site and ground investigation reports.
- Planning and overseeing construction procedures, ensuring they are completed in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Asset delivery, to include assisting in the management of the proposed delivery partners / suppliers during the engineering, procurement, and construction stages of each project.
- Asset handover, to include assisting in the management of the issue of Operating and Maintenance Manuals (and associated documentation) and Local Operating Procedures in preparation for handover of assets to the company's Operations department.
- Evaluation of progress and production of detailed reports.
- Ensuring adherence to all health and safety standards and reporting issues.
- Travel within England (and potentially Wales) required
Experience & Capabilities
· Well organised self-starter
· A team player with leadership abilities
· Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to set clearly defined goals, manage time effectively and organise resources needed to accomplish tasks.
· Adaptable and comfortable with changing timelines and priorities
· Passion for the environment and sustainability
· Ability to transfer information easily to other team members using a variety of formats.
· Comfortable meeting with, and reporting back to, clients and senior stakeholders
· Curious, eager to learn, and willing to apply skills where they are needed
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- Experience coordinating design and build contractors.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Experience in the delivery of wastewater treatment assets.
- Competent in the management of construction contracts particularly NEC3.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Project
- Outstanding communication skills
- Previous experience using CRM software preferred but not essential
· Full Driving Licence.
· BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
· Recognised management safety qualification, for example IOSH.
· PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage