HSQ are working with one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors with a stellar reputation throughout the West of the UK, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of £225m+ due to the delivery of their well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce.
To further advance of the growth plans going into 2023 we’re now recruiting for a BMS Manager (Building Management Systems) to join an ever-flourishing team in the South Wales Branch to oversee upcoming projects heavily involved in the rail sector.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage and enhance Building Management Systems, ensuring that it meets and exceeds the requirements of all legal, regulatory and other standards.
Reporting to the Quality & Assurance Manager, the successful BMS Manager’s duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensuring the business management system is being implemented by all departments, across all regions within the business.
- Communicating changes to the business management system.
- Identifying practical and deliverable measures to continually improve the overall performance.
- Management of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 accreditations and external auditing bodies.
- Management of internal and external audits.
- Support and participate in effective SHEQ audits, both internal and external, to ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
- Manage and upkeep revision status of the policies, standards and documents within the BMS
- Management of SHE-Assure, H&S reporting system.
- Maintaining and understanding of legal and other frameworks relevant to SHEQ, developing, implementing and driving continuous improvement.
- Providing operational teams with SHEQ support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with the SHEQ auditors on the implementation of the Assurance Programme.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and productive relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
- Proficient time management skills
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to clearly disseminate written policies and procedures related to the construction industry environment requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and tight deadlines while remaining detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Competent IT skills to develop new systems.
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities