Shape Your Career with Limitless Possibilities whilst having access to numerous career development opportunities and the ability to shape your future with a company that values collaboration and innovation. Our inclusive culture celebrates diversity, and we're committed to creating a dynamic work environment for all our employees.
We are looking for a Bid Manager with a passion for success and a drive to continuously improve. You should have bid management and writing experience, ideally in the highways, rail, or civil engineering industries. As a key member of the Pre-Construction Team, you'll bring creative ideas and a high standard of work to our bids. Collaboration and a team-oriented approach are a must, as is a competitive spirit and a passion for delivering market-leading proposals.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with guiding and coordinating the entire bidding process for capital projects and major frameworks up to £100M, guaranteeing that the proposals are of superior quality and aligned with the companies core values and business objectives. A proven track record in tendering projects within the £50M-£100M range is mandatory.
- Efficiently manage the bid process in accordance with the Tender Process, while ensuring compliance with corporate governance and maximizing success opportunities for both the contractor and the customers
- Develop and agree on a bid strategy that meets client requirements and aligns with the business strategy to secure sustainable and profitable contracts
- Lead and prepare pre-qualification and quality submissions, while managing and collaborating with the estimating team and design partners
- Present Tender Settlement meetings for multiple and large bids, and obtain feedback to continuously improve submissions
- Create high-quality presentations for marketing, pre-qualification, and tender purposes and assist with public relations, advertising programs, and market research activities
- Represent the company with clients, the public, and the wider construction industry, and work with internal business units and external companies to deliver market-leading proposals
- Has previous bid management and writing experience in the highways/rail/civil engineering industry
- Can lead a tender team and work independently, with creativity and a commitment to high standards
- Has excellent team building, communication, and problem-solving skills and is financially astute
- Has design management knowledge, a good understanding of tender requirements, and experience in leading a team of contributors to quality submissions
- Has excellent IT skills and a customer-centric approach, with the ability to identify opportunities within bids
- Has a strong understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods, as well as contract awareness
- Can work efficiently under tight deadlines and is committed to continuous improvement
- Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 6 to 10 years of civil engineering experience, or 10 years+ of experience without a degree
- Professional qualification such as IEng/CEng MICE/APM is desirable.