Job title: Rail Supervisor
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Our client are looking to hire a Rail Supervisor for an immediate start to lead on a project working in the railway environment starting with work based in the Huddersfield area - further expanding your project portfolio to railways all around West Yorkshire. You will be responsible for the supervising of your team and be provided support from the company to meet project deadlines. You will liaise with our client and identify and effectively plan the efficient use of labour, plant and equipment whilst also managing variable costs and identifying efficiencies that can be made through regular reviews of processes. In addition, you will be responsible for managing site activities and ensure health and safety compliance in the delivery of projects.
On a day-to-day basis your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervising a team of staff on a rail environment ensuring that projects are completed efficiently and within a designated time frame.
- Managing & accurately producing all work plans being financially aware of the costings associated with the project and highlighting any areas where costs are growing.
- Supervising site activities and ensuring health and safety compliance in the delivery of projects.
- A in depth understanding and experience of working with CDM regulations surrounding rail projects.
- Understanding/experience of working on projects delivered under Principal contractor's license.
- Completing & maintaining accurate and up to date records of time spent per project ensuring planning costs are kept within budget that will pass audit.
- Assisting in the development, coaching, and training of new and current staff ensuring all standards are maintained.
- Ensuring that processes and procedures are carried out in line with company policies and maintain accurate and efficient order to invoice process against all required timescales.
- Ensuring safety is delivered throughout all aspects of the organisation to the highest standards
Qualifications and experience:
- To be selected for interview for this role, it is essential that you hold a current PTS card, hold either IOSH Managing Safely or an SMSTS qualification and possess excellent communication, people and team management skills.
- An ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion is essential.
- Possession of a full driving license and your own transport is essential.
- A Temporary Works Coordinator and First Aid at Work qualification would be advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Salary is negotiable, it will vary on qualifications and experience of the applicant and will be discussed at interview.