This industry renowned rail and engineering group have continued to expanded throughout the UK over the last decade. With capabilities across the civil engineering, rail and infrastructure industries many have become to regard them as partner of choice in the market. One of the main reasons for their reputation is the skills and ability of their exceptionally trained work force. To continue on the growth plan there is now a need to expand the team in Kent. In order to maintain the quality and standards expected of them there is now a need to recruit a fitter. You can expect excellent training in a supportive and team orientated environment with good career prospects.
Position: Depot Technician
Role and Responsibilities
- To complete maintenance and repairs as allocated, to the required standard, both within the depot and on customer sites.
- Instigation of orders for spares.
- Presentation of Equipment.
- Any other duties as required in the depots
- Recording of repair data, e.g. time allocation and spares used.
- Number of plant items returned faulty after repair/service is carried out
- Basic level of essential spares always in stock.
- Minimise downtime of equipment whilst awaiting spares.
- Cleans all serviced/repaired equipment
- Replace worn/damaged stickers
- Other duties connected with the day-to-day operation of the company organisation as necessary within competencies held.
- Traceability through systems of all fleet repair costs and customer repair details.
- Correct allocation of costs and affordability of repair.
- Completion of QMS paperwork.
- Correct use of scanning devices.
- Relevant Mechanical or Electrical Qualification Essential or NVQ or equivalent
- Previous experience in the range of equipment in a general tool/fleet hire fleet
- Good Mechanical Aptitude
- Railway Infrastructure Experience or equivalent
- Able to drive or willing to learn